On April 08th 2013 one more Multinational PSO Advanced Course started as scheduled, in the MPSOTC premises.
15 students have responded with participation in this 2 weeks course. All students are active members of the Armed Forces not only from Greece, but from other countries as well.
During the course, students will attend 40 hours of academic classes, where issues, relevant to manning and functioning a Multinational HQ in PSOs, are addressed and explained in detail by experienced trainers. Moreover, trainees will have the opportunity to carry out a MAPEX.
MPSOTC welcomes all trainees and wishes them a fruitful training.
Next course to come is the 3 weeks UN Military Observers Course scheduled to start on the May 20th 2013. Participation of well known national and international Guest Speakers and Instructors from various Institutions is expected.
Purpose of the UN Military Observers Course Course:
- To prepare officers from different countries, for assignment as Military Observers, in PSOs.
- To familiarize the trainees, with UN structure procedures, SOPs and Terminology.
Learning Objectives of the UNMO Course:
- UN structure, procedures, SOPs and Terminology.
- Military observers basic duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Plan and conduct patrolling activities (GPS and land navigation included), as well as execute monitoring, investigation and reporting tasks.
- Description of UN PKO Legal Framework.
- Negotiation-mediation and coordination with IOs and NGOs.
- Hygiene, self protection and mine awareness measures.
Slots are still available, so whoever may have an interest in this course can send a joining report ASAP.