NATO CIMIC Basic Course (NCBC)
To provide students (Officers and NCOs) with a basic knowledge of NATO’s CIMIC policy responsibilities, procedures, duties and initial training for CIMIC at tactical level.
- Background Knowledge of CIMIC.
- CIMIC Organization and Doctrine.
- Structure and Functionality of IOs and NGOs.
- Approach to CIMIC core functions.
- Principles of CIMIC.
- Staff duties, techniques and procedures.
- Media Relations.
- Negotiation and Liaison principles and techniques.
- CIMIC meetings.
- Legal Considerations.
- Working in a CIMIC Center.
- Practical training, syndicate work and CIMIC exercise.
- Officers OR-9 up to OF-3.
- English language proficiency as described in STANAG 6001/3-2-3-2.
- Up to 25 participants. Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the MPSOTC) will be provided by MPSOTC.
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP and MeD countries, according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: two weeks from 3 December to 14 December 2012.
- Curse fees: 200 €.
- Dress: Service and Battle Uniform Dress(BDU).